This privacy notice is effective as of February 21, 2023. Please note that this privacy notice will regularly be updated to reflect any changes in the way we handle your personal data or any changes in applicable laws.
Information Professionals, Inc. (IPI) has a strong commitment to protect our applicants’ and employees’ personal information from any breaches or unauthorized use of personal information in compliance with the Data Privacy Act (DPA) of 2012 and also known as Republic Act (R.A.) 10173 as governed by the National Privacy Commission (NPC).
To ensure you can make informed decisions and feel confident in providing your personal information with us, we are providing you this Data Privacy Notice outlining our data collection, usage, retention, disclosure, disposal practices and your rights as “Data Subjects”, as defined by the Act.This notice applies to all applicants and employees whose personal information is collected and processed by the Company. This notice explains:
1. What personal information do we collect?
2. Purpose for collection and use of personal information
3. How we collect personal data
4. Storage of personal data
5. Disclosure and transfer of personal
6. Retention and disposal of personal information
7. Your rights as Data Subject
8. Notifications in case of breach of information
9. Compliance with Data Privacy Clauses on Contracts
10. Cookies and web analytics
11. Links to other sites
13. Where do you go for further information?
- 1. What personal information do we collect?
- To help us evaluate your application for employment purposes, IPI will collect personal information, such as but not limited to:
- 1.1 Name, identity, and contact details such as your full name, birth date, birthplace, gender, civil status, height, weight, residence address (present and permanent), contact numbers (landline and mobile), email address, dependents’ information, emergency contact details. Social Security Number, Philhealth Number, Tax Identification Number, Pag-Ibig ID Number, licenses, and signature, which are all mandatory to verify your identity, for interviews, assessment to determine your eligibility to be employed in IPI.
- 1.2 Background information includes your educational background, degrees, certificates, and transcript.
- 1.3 Employment history includes details of your employment background, including position, work experience, employment references, salary, and other compensation requests.
- 2. Purpose for collection and use of personal information
- IPI will use your personal information for:
- 2.1 Recruitment, selection, evaluation, and appointment of candidates for the position you applied for and subsequent job opportunities.
- 2.2 General HR administration and records management (in case you become a company employee)
- 2.3 Application evaluation includes verification of your employment and character reference(s), background checks and related assessments.
- 3. How we collect personal data
- IPI collects, uses and/or processes personal information based on electronic and paper documents submitted by candidates.
- 4. Storage of personal data
- We may store your personal information in various forms such as paper or electronic files. Only authorized IPI employees and yourself are allowed to access your personal information for privacy and security purposes. All of your personal information collected and documented in various official forms will be filed by the designated custodians in a locked storage room for the security and protection of your personal information. On the other hand, personal information in electronic forms will be retained in our computer systems, which we have employed with information security controls.
- 5. Disclosure and transfer of information
- IPI may disclose some of your personal data to a third party for further processing of your application/employment but shall comply with the following conditions:
- 5.1 The consent of the data subject on data sharing must be obtained even when the data is to be shared with the clients; and
- 5.2 Any data sharing arrangement must be covered by a data sharing agreement which shall provide, among others, the data privacy and security standards to be observed.
- IPI ensures that personal information shared through email or by any other means available are protected with our IT or manual systems and controls in place to mitigate the risk of data breaches. We ensure you that all our employees across are well informed of the DPA and their responsibilities in sharing your personal information.
- 6. Retention and disposal of personal information
- The information and documents are retained during your active employment (in case you become a company employee) and five (5) years thereafter, or for five (5) years if you fail to meet the hiring requirements.
After such retention period, paper documents shall be shredded, and the electronic files shall be deleted entirely following the applicable rules of the Data Privacy Act.
- 7. Your rights as Data Subject
- The rights of a data subject as provided in the Act should be observed when processing personal data, which shall include the following:
- 7.1 Right to be informed
- 7.2 Right to object
- 7.3 Right to access
- 7.4 Right to rectification
- 7.5 Right to erasure or blocking
- 7.6 Right to be indemnified
- 7.7 Right to lodge a complaint
- 7.8 Right to data portability
- 8. Notifications in case of breach of information
- In the event your personal information is breached, we are prepared to follow any laws and regulations which would require us to notify you of such breach including the quality of information affected.
- 9. Compliance with Data Privacy Clauses on Contracts
- As an applicant or employee of IPI, you are expected to comply with security related and privacy clauses that need to be executed as part of our standard terms of business and/or contracts.
- 10. Cookies and web analytics
- The Site does not use stored cookies or log-files; however, for website navigation purposes, it does use temporary cookies that last only while on the Site and are cancelled when closing the Web browser. Only non-identifiable web traffic data are analyzed including the pages and links accessed on our site and date/time you visited the site.
- 11. Links to other sites
- We may amend this privacy notice from time to time and the updated version shall apply and supersede any and all previous versions.
- 13. Where do you go for further information?
- If you have any further questions, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.